My 20th Anniversay Adventure

Steve and I talked about doing something (more) for our anniversary this year because it is our 20th. I suggested to Steve that maybe we could spend the weekend in Park City. Our money tree in the backyard was a little low and we couldn't get to Hawaii. So we sent our kids with Steve's family to the cabin. They were nice enough to let my kids come up. Regan and Meredith were very great with the kids and very helpful, according to the "women". So when Steve came home for lunch on Friday he brought flowers. (And not just boring carnations, but a beautiful mix of colorful flowers.) The flowers came with a note telling me to get my bags packed for the weekend, and make sure that I was at a specific address just before three o' clock. As it turns out, the address was a spa and I got a massage and a pedicure. YAY! When that was finished I went out to my car and there was another note on the seat of my car. The note told me to go to the mall for my next part of the adventure. I was to go to store 2080 and pick up my "secret" gift from the manager. I'm sure that you might have guessed as I did that it was Victoria's Secret. I won't say anything else about that other than to say that my gift contained another note telling me to get on I-15 and meet him at another address in Salt Lake. The address was the Radisson Hotel downtown right by the Gateway. We stayed overnight there. As Steve notes, we went to dinner, and walked around the Gateway and went to a late movie. One funny thing that happened is that as we were walking around the Gateway after dark, we strolled by a kiosk that sells skirts that can be turned into several different styles. It was funny how these girls (from Europe) ply their wares by trying things on you and draping them different ways to sell you on the skirt. They caught me and I had fun seeing how many different ways the skirt fit. They must have a mirror that makes everyone look good. Steve has explained the rest of the trip so I won't go into detail. He was right. I did have a weekend that made me feel pretty!

2 comments:

spenceandcass said...

First of all, I would just like to say: YOU HAVE A MONEY TREE?!!! Where can I get one of those?

Second of all: Steve! You are quite romantic! What you did for Jen sounds awesome with a capitol A! Congrats you two and happy anniversary!

Michelle said...

That sounds so nice...sign me up for a fun 20 year anniversary. Do you really have to wait that long? I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself so much. Happy Anniversary!