Well, onto the fun part of the blog (even though not many people will read this, or even make the effort to find this music). Its time for my weekly music picks. The idea here is that you're supposed to make a small effort to find some of this music online, give it a listen, and send me your feedback. I've only got two picks this week, but they're worth the effort:
Alt Rock: FLYLEAF- This weeks pick is a little band from Temple, Tx whose lead singer weighs about 90 lbs soaking wet, but who can roar. These guys have a very unique sound and the guitar work is really really great. My favorite tracks on their debut album are "I'm So Sick" and "All Around Me." Besides, I have a complete money back guaranty if you don't like what you hear, so you have nothing to lose.
Alt Country: JACK INGRAM - Okay, for those of you who don't really understand the term "Alt Country" let me try and explain. Its an abbreviation for: sorta-country-but not really-more rock and blues-not alot of fiddles or steel guitar-but a little twangy nonetheless. Most of these cats are a little different and seem like they should be medicated, but they put out some really interesting tunes. Jack Ingram has been doing this for a long time, but its only been in the past few years that he's developed a name due to a couple of hits on the radio. Like a lot of artists, their best work isn't always the song that makes it big on the radio. His biggest hit, although recorded several years ago is a song called "Wherever You Are". Its still on country radio frequently. His newest disc, "This Is It," is collection of somewhat raucus, fun, party tunes. My favorite is a song is called "Love You." He played it live when I saw him a couple of months ago and I laughed through the whole song.As always, give me your feedback. Well, David Letterman is interviewing Barrackorama so I think its time for me to turn it off and call it a night. Lotsolove, Steve


2 comments:
Good picks Steve, but I had to look at the picture link to figure out that you were talking about Flyleaf. I have actually heard of them (thanks Pandora.com). I really like "Fully Alive." I also like Jack Ingram, since my country tastes are closer to the Alt-Country genre. Good luck with the business.
Post a Comment