Tomorrow is the school carnival and I'm doing sound again. I spent last night working on the playlist and I hope that most people like it. The truth is, most people probably don't really pay attention to whats coming out of the speakers; its just background noise. The trick is to come up with something
that appeals to every age group. The first graders like hearing the "Hamster Dance," the third graders like Hanah Montana, and the sixth grade girls like the Jonas Brothers. The sixth grade boys always request skater music. Therefore, as a compromise, I think I'll just play the new Metallica disc, "Death Magnetic" in its entirety. I'm only kidding of course. I do, however, throw in a song for me about every 8-9 songs so that no adults want to commit suicide after one-to-many High School Musical songs. One of the fun things about this is that my teenage girls are music junkies like me and its fun to get their input on projects like this. Murf especially has a very wide palate when it comes to music. I don't know why I'm suprised, but she found and fell in love with bands like Queen and Kansas all on her own. Good music is timeless I guess. The teenage years are turning out to be ALOT of fun so far! I'm really, really lucky that I have such good kids, and I'm trying to enjoy it while I can. I know that its fleeting and that they'll be off to college and out of the house before I know it. Sigh . . . . . . .Finally, we are doing a neighborhood motorcycle ride through the canyons a week from this Saturday to see the fall colors. Our route will take us up Trappers Loop to the Snow Basin Ski Area, down the back-side to the lake, and around the lake to Eden where we'll grab something to eat. Then we'll go around the east side of the lake through Huntsville and back up Trappers Loop. Roundtrip mileage is right around 80. If you want to go, but don't have a bike, feel free to follow us in a car. Or if your spouse wants to be on the bike, but you don't, let us know and we'll hook you up with a ride. We'll probably leave around 1:00 p.m., and I will be getting flyers out to the neighborhood this weekend. Cheers! Steve


6 comments:
Boy am I looking forward to the days when my boys (and any future children) are really into Disney music and the like. I guess I should take a lesson in tolerance from you. So far Pitcher Guy likes Taylor Swift and The Cars Soundtrack. We haven't quite been able to bring ourselves to putting in the kiddie discs in the car. Maybe one day... But my question is...did you actually buy the new Metallica album, and if so do you like it? I'm a little hesitant after St. Anger failed to capture me as their previous albums had.
Okay, confession: I haven't bought it yet; however, my next door neighbor Adam, and my best friend Joe have both said that its by far the best thing that Metallica has released in more than a decade. My music buget is kind of low lately and so I mostly listen to Rhapsody. Metallica doesn't participate in freebie music on Rhapsody so I haven't heard it yet.
I got looking into it, and you can listen to the whole album at metallica's website. It's kind of annoying because you have to click each song (it won't play through), but hey, you can still hear all the songs. Go Here.
Hey Stevo! You are becoming quite the blogger! I love it. Your posts are fun to read. I loved the comment about the "communist chicks on the view".. it made me chuckle. Keep up the blogging.
Yep, Spencer plays tennis too. Not as often as he golfs though.
Johnny love Metallica. You are a good writer. Your blogs are very interesting and fun to read. The motorcycle ride sounds like loads of fun!! I won't be able to go...I am sure you know why. Hopefully next year!! We need a bike though!!
Post a Comment