The Taiwan Adventure

Well the adventure to Taiwan started out early with a delayed flight in Seattle. The kids got to Seattle on time but when they arrived the plane they were supposed to take was having mechanical problems. This delay made them miss their connecting flight to Taiwan from Japan. So they will be staying in Japan an extra 24 hours. I am still waiting to find out if they will put them in hotel rooms so that they can sleep. This is a long flight along with sitting in the airport for a long time. These kids are all 17 and 18 and don't have a chaperone. That makes me as a parent quite nervous, however, it will be a good growing experience: can I handle changes of plans, keep myself occupied, not get into trouble? I think they will come through with flying colors. I am going to keep things posted here as her trip progresses. I'll get some pics soon of her at the airport.

She was quite nervous about having everything packed and not losing anything and having problems at security. She was a little teary this morning over the stress of it all but she asked Steve to give her a father's blessing before she went. I think that this helped calm her down. I'll keep writing as things come along about her trip. Thanks for reading!


0 comments: