
Well, our trip to Las Vegas has been more than a little unpredictable. We booked a flight out of SLC at 9:25 a.m.--cutting it pretty close when you drop your kids off at the neighbor's house at eight. Well, got the kids to the neighbor on time, but forgot the itinerary and e-mail confirmation of flights, car, hotel--had to go back. Now we're off. Almost to Farmington and I remember that we forgot our toiletries bag. Well, needless to say, we missed our flight. Get on the 10:55 flight. Get to Vegas and go to get our rental car. Rental cars are off site of the airport. Take shuttle to rental car center. But the low budget rental car company that we rented from was another six minutes down the road--away from the strip and convention center. Well, the good thing is that we got to upgrade from a Dodge Avenger to a Chrysler 300 for just $10 a day more. Nice upgrade! So we went to the show at the convention center, blah, blah, blah. That's for another day, another blog. When the show closed that afternoon at five, we went to my Aunt's house in North Las Vegas for dinner. By the time we got done it was 9:30 when we got to the hotel to check in. I called ahead to get directions. Remember the e-mail confirmation mentioned above? When you make a reservation, you RESERVE the room with your credit card, right? Well, during the call to get directions to the hotel, they tell me that they don't have a room for us (they gave it to someone esle) and that they booked us a room in the hotel next door. (A Holiday Inn Express) The place we had booked was a much nicer hotel and it was a suite. We were extremely angry. What is up with that--giving away a room that I secured with a CREDIT CARD? We didn't want to stay at the hotel next door. So we drove to the Fairfield Inn behind the hotel with the suites. They, of course, had no availability. So we drove around feeling very irritated, and I had a bad headache. So we called the Excalibur and was able to get a room there for $72 and $82 dollars a night. Cheaper than the suite, but in a hotel with a casino and smoking. We booked a hotel off of the strip and without a casino on purpose, folks!
Another irritation: I wanted some popcorn, so I asked a lady at the hotel buffet where I could find some. She said that she didn't know. I walked off while Steve finished paying for our meal, and she asked him if I was pregnant. RUUUUUDE! I DON"T look pregnant! The final glitch was that on Friday we decided to go to the Sands Expo Center to go to a different part of the SEMA show. Well, we didn't know this and didn't bother to find out ahead of time, but that part of the show was finished on Thursday. Crap! So we had nothing to do on Friday. We tried to get an earlier flight out, but we would have had to pay a $50 upgrade per person. So we wandered around the show that we had already seen. What a waste of time. Oh, I'm sorry, the final final glitch was that our flight was delayed by two hours. They booked flights as if two airstrips were working, even though one airstrip was under construction. Greedy buggers! So that is our mess of a trip. More about the show later.


0 comments:
Post a Comment