I am having very worried thoughts concerning our country, our political situation, the economy and so on. I posted these quotes and I plan on elaborating my feelings on each one. I am worried that if I/we don't let our thoughts be known, we will be at the mercy of leaders who are not prepared to balance a budget and help improve our economy, who will lead us to war unnecessarily, who won't lead us to war when we should, who want to take away our rights to guns, who don't maintain moral beliefs and values. I would love feedback. I am very concerned about our rights and the integrity of our leaders. - Jen
Don't interfere with anything in the constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
~ Abraham Lincoln, from a speech at Chicago, Illinois, December 10, 1856
We have no government armed in power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other.
~ John Adams
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.
~ Patrick Henry
The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men.
~ Samuel Adams
Another Try
11 years ago


1 comments:
Jen I love those quotes....I think I am going to post one of them on my blog!
Post a Comment