I Am Back


I feel like I have been out of the loop for the past two months because I have been working "full" time at Heritage Elementary subbing for the reading teacher.  I enjoyed the job. I really love reading and think it is an important skill to have. It makes the other learning you do much easier. I tried to go back to school to teach math, but that didn't work out. Someday I might pursue this track. I feel like I just stepped in to this sub job and felt comfortable with the material and the kids. 

On another tack--I started sewing last week and I am really enjoying myself. I forget how much I enjoy it. I am sewing myself an apron for the kitchen. I think it is so cute that I have decided to try to make one for my sisters and sisters-in-law for their birthday this year. I guess that will depend on how much money I have and how much time I have :-> I really need a sewing room, though. You can't sew a project in a day, and it is too much trouble to put everything away just to take it out in the morning. I could set up in the downstairs family room, except that is where the kids play. So for now, my upstairs family room will be a mess while I finish this project.

One last little note: I called Kelloggs to get reimbursed for the crackers that I had purchased but that were recalled. I had more than one package of crackers and all they sent me for reimbursement was one lousy coupon for one package. LAME!

1 comments:

Anne said...

Wow! You are staying really busy! Next year Drew will be in all day school. I am going to have to choose what to do also! YIKES! There are so many things I love doing, it is hard to choose! Miss ya.