Christmas Joy


Is anyone else excited for Christmas? I have to admit that I have been pretty blase about it the last several years. But I think that with all of the recent events in the world and all of the hoopla in California over Prop 8 that I have been thinking a lot more on what is important to me right now. Keeping close to the Lord and keeping my family close and safe have been on my mind as well as their spiritual education. My thoughts haven't been on shopping (even though I have been) but on what makes me happy during this season. I am even enjoying Christmas carols. What about anyone else?



4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm right there with you Jen. I'm loving this holiday season especially all the baking. I've discovered that I like to cook so I'm trying all kinds of different things. We too are trying to focus more on the spiritual aspects of Christmas. It just makes it mean so much more. Thanks for sharing your excitement.

Unknown said...

The one thing I think about this time of year is the gifts we anonymously gave to others growing up...like the nativity sets. I am anxiously trying to make a tradition with my family that is the same concept. I want to give something to someone anonymously because it is the most wonderful feeling in the world. We tried the nativity thing last year but it didn't work very well. If you have any ideas let me know. I am really glad that my shopping is done and that I am not scrambling last minute to figure out what to give people. I hope you and your family will keep the Christmas spirit alive in your home especially with all the difficulties going on. Let me know if you need anything! I love you guys!

Erin said...

Jen-

We got your Christmas card today. Sorry things have been hard this past year, but it sounds like you are making the best of things. I was glad to see your blog address I enjoy reading people's blogs and catching up. The whole Mordecai Family blogs, it's a great way for us to keep in touch with each other since everyone seems to be moving away. If your interested our blog site is vaughnanderin.blogspot.com I have links to the other Mordecai's on mine. Have a Merry Christmas.

Erin

Erin said...

Jen-

We got your Christmas card today. Sorry things have been hard this past year, but it sounds like you are making the best of things. I was glad to see your blog address I enjoy reading people's blogs and catching up. The whole Mordecai Family blogs, it's a great way for us to keep in touch with each other since everyone seems to be moving away. If your interested our blog site is vaughnanderin.blogspot.com I have links to the other Mordecai's on mine. Have a Merry Christmas.

Erin