Lovin' College

So, for those of you who don't facebook, just a little update on Regan. She loves college life (one week so far).  She loves her dorm room and likes her roomie. So here are some of the things she said this week:

Monday: sore muscles. drenched in sweat. drinking like a camel. marching band was AWESOME!!!! :D
Tuesday: got monsooned out of tonight's marching band's rehearsal. haha walking there was not the most fun thing in the world, but luckily there were some very nice band members who gave me a ride back :)
Wednesday: should be finishing up my stuff for school tomorrow and going to bed . . . haha today was AMAZING!!!! haha i know i've said that the last few days, but seriously it was so awesome! the Fall Welcome Assembly was so fun!!! :D I LOVE ASU!!!!!!
Thursday: first day of college classes. who knew life could get this good? no wonder everyone says it's the best time of your life. can't wait for the football games and getting to play in the marching band for them! :D
only has two classes tomorrow, haha. guess i have plenty of time to do homework and practice :) lol i could get used to college scheduling.
Friday: not sure yet. We already sent her a care package. She left her lyre home. (clip used to hold music on your instrument) left most of her reeds home. Didn't take any pontail holders. So I went and bought her some ponytail holders and a pan (we didn't send her with any!!!) and mailed everything to her today. So the postman told me that I could pay $47 to mail it overnight, or $11.57(?) to get it there by Monday. I said "I am NOT paying $47. Send it Priority mail.

I am really worried about her and the heat. Apparently she has to walk an half hour to get to the practice field. She said that it is somewhat uphill. The other day she said that she was dizzy when she got there and was dizzy at times during practice. She says that they give them plenty of water breaks, but it's the heat that worries me. She thinks I am worried needlessly. But I told her--Yeah, but why are we still seeing football players die from heat exhaustion?

I'll try to keep everyone updated on Reg.

0 comments: