Sand Springs Spelling Bee



Well, Sydney competed for her class in the school spelling bee (along with two others in her class and other students). She did pretty well. She lasted five rounds and then got out because she spelled the word "capital" wrong. She spelled "capitol." She didn't know it was a homophone. She studied some with me last night, but that isn't one of the words we went over. (Darn!) We did go over the word "miso" which is some kind of Japanese food and she spelled that one correctly! Awesome! The cool thing, though, is that another boy in her class won. I talked to his mother (Julie Parkinson) and she said that he had taken the Bee very seriously and had studied quite a bit. It paid off, and Isaac will be going on to the next level of competition--and he is only in 4th grade! Way to go!

1 comments:

spenceandcass said...

Way to go Sydney! And don't worry....I am 29 years and sometimes I still have trouble spelling. Capital is a tricky one!